Wednesday 29 April 2015

Some good stuff and some not ......

Hi peeps .... the kettle has just boiled and I have got an earl grey tea at the side of me tonight .... there is plenty to go round or normal tea if you want and I am sure there are some cookies somewhere ...
Well the good stuff is.... my exchange piece arrived safe and sound so I can show you finally what I did for Mary ..... I also finished my wee section on DJ's RR and mine has come home with only a small bit to do on it wooo hooo ...lol
the girls all wrote about their day when they were stitching on it and its lovely to read what they were all doing ....
My craft room is getting nearer to being totally finished I am about 80% there .... for some one who was in a waaayyy smaller room and now has more storage I am running out of space hahahahah ... there are still things I need to do to reclaim a wee bit back ....lol My dresser is now full of yummy quilting fabric and you just want to run your fingers through all those scrummy fabrics ...lol I do have ideas what I want to use them for sooo fingers crossed I will get time to do them ..lol 
The main reason I have been a wee bit quiet is, we got the results from my dad's tumor and this is the not so good stuff ... he has got a grade 4 aggressive brain tumor , he needs to have a mask made after another scan this Friday so that his head keeps still while they do 15 sessions of radiotherapy ... they will then have to wait to see what the prognosis will be .....I told him he will look like the phantom ...lol ... my dad says he is alright and doesn't feel any different and seems to be taking it in his stride ....the rest of us,well that is a different matter entirely ... we are going to be bobbing over to see him soon but I have got a sore throat and a bit of an ear infection and I am not going near him while he is undergoing his treatment while I have got this lurg .....
Other than that life has just gone on ......
We hoping this long bank holiday weekend to get the old house finally sorted for the photos to go up ... there just doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day at the moment I blink and the day has gone and nothing much seems to have got done...ho hum I am sure the magic faraway tree will stop somewhere nice for me soon ...lol 
ok I shall nip upstairs and fill the kettle again while the photos are uploading for you to nosy at :)
For Mary

France's RR 

My bit .. I wonder why ..lol

next door neighbors flowers 

pride of place for DJ's gift :)



how scrummy is that looking 

just need to get rid of the decorating stuff ..lol 

chasing round in his "back garden"

outside the mouse house

closer view 

My RR is home 


DJ's rr my section top right is finished now
 no photo uploaded yet DOH !!!
Soooo there you have it in a nutshell ... I have been popping in for tea and will get round to every one soon and would like to say thank you for all the lovely messages ... they have helped me greatly :) looking at the time I think this wee mouse needs to go to ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ night night one and all and hope you have a wonderful stitchy week ... squeak to you all soon :) love mouse xxxxxx

37 comments:

Margaret said...

Oh Mouse, I'm so sorry to hear of your father's diagnosis. Many prayers and good thoughts are being sent that all will go well and he will beat this.

Love seeing your sewing room -- lots to ogle there! Great stitching too!

Annette-California said...

Prayers for your father Mouse! Hope you get better so you can see him soon. Your sewing room is wonderful!
Lovely stitching! love Annette

StitchyDon said...

Sending positive thoughts, I hope you get well enough to see him very soon. Your stitching looks amazing !!!

Michelle said...

Sorry to hear the news about your Dad Mouse. We are going through a similar thing with Andys Dad so I know how you feel. Your craft room is looking good well done. Hope you feel better soon so many nasty bugs around x

Sarah in Stitches said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your father! Hoping the radiotherapy works and he gets better soon. Fingers crossed! Beautiful stitching, as usual, and your craft room is really coming along! :D

Anonymous said...

oh my, I feel so sorry for your dad and your family. it must be terrible!
and how brave he is, I hope you get well soon so that you can spend time with him again.
your fabrics look scrumptious, you're doing a great job with everything. many many hugs,
chiara

Justine said...

So sorry to hear about your dad's poor health, Mouse. I will pray for him.
I'm a teeny bit jealous of that sewing room, all those scrummy fabrics!

Julie said...

I hope you are soon feeling much better yourself an can make a visit to your dad. Such sad news to read of his diagnosis, I hope and pray that the treatment works and he has many more years for good memories with his family.
Your dresser looks lovely stuffed with all that fabric.
Have a lovely bank hol weekend, perhaps the extra day will help you reclaim some ME time.
x

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

So sorry to hear about your Dad. I hope that working on the new house is keeping your mind busy when you are not with him.

I love Frances' RR, who is the designer?

Gillie said...

Ooh, you stinker....you pinched January! I've got to get over and send you off to make tea while I have a rummage and a nosy.....and look for the biscuits, oh, and one of your bacon butties while you are the kitchen......whew, got plenty of time......

lovely to *see* you on Sunday. Let me know the next time you get together with Miss F.

xxx

DJ said...

*Hugs* I'm so sorry to hear this diagnosis, Mouse. You, your Dad, and the rest of your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Thank you for stitching on my RR...everyone has done a lovely job! Your picture looks perfect where you placed it! *Hugs*

Vickie said...

Oh Michelle. I am so sorry. I am praying for him and that you get well quickly, so you can be with him.♥

Rhona said...

Thoughts and prayers for your Dad, and hoping that you get well quickly so that you can visit him.
That dresser and all those yummy scrummy fabrics is wonderful....just a tad bit jealous here! :)

Cricket-bug Corner said...

I'm sorry to hear about your Dad - best wishes for the therapy to be a success!! Your pictures are great - as usual!! I can't wait to see the house - we've been in ours for a year and a half and it still isn't "done" *sigh*

CalamityJr said...

I'll be keeping your family in thoughts and prayers, Mouse, as you walk this path with your dad. Seems like he wants to set the mood and keep things light and positive - good for him!

The rr designs are all beautiful, and I love your fabric cupboard. I'll be expecting to see beautiful finishes coming from the new mouse house craft room!

Purple Pixie Dust said...

I hope your Dad comes thru okay, I am sending prayers his way. Love the round robin, love the flowers, carnations are my birth month January. Love all your fabric. big hugs Lynda Ruth

Linda said...

Lovely stitching Mouse. Sending prayers for your dad.

Linda

butterfly said...

So sorry to read about your dad mouse.
He will be in my prayers.
I am happy to see you can switch off with a little stitching to take your mind off things.

Your stitching looks wonderful and so does your craft room it sure looks tidy , I wish mine did ha.
Have a good weekend hugs.

The Inspired Stitcher said...

I so sorry to hear about dad mouse. I will send positive thoughts for you all. Looks like your craft room is coming along nicely. I'm very impressed you could capture a picture of the moon so well! Hang in there friend. {{Hugs}}

Dani - tkdchick said...

The RR's you've worked on are all lovely!

Mylene said...

Sending thoughts for your father Mouse.

wow! Look at those lovely collections of fabrics.

Carol said...

Oh, dear, Mouse--I am so sorry to hear about your dad's diagnosis... Keeping your family in my thoughts.

Love your fabric stash photo--how I would like to dig into that :) Lovely stitching and craft room progress. Take care now!

marly said...

I'm sorry to hear about your dad's results. Praying the treatments work perfectly and shrivel that tumor to death. Take care of yourself.

Anna van Schurman said...

So sorry to hear about your dad. I know this sort of thing isn't easy. May your stitching bring you comfort.

Barb said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad's diagnosis. I will send prayers his way! Your sewing room looks good. Mr. Bentley looked quite good!

Denise SA said...

Keeping both you and your Dad in my prayers lovely stitching

Mrs Milkybar Kid said...

So sorry to hear about your Dad Mouse, all good wishes that the treatment is a success. I love your dresser packed full with gorgeous fabrics, I just know you will be making beautiful things with all that yumminess!

Andrea said...

Sorry to hear about your Dad. It's not easy but try to stay positive. Love the craft room sneaky peeks, the dresser full of fabric .. oh! The wicker baskets too. Beautiful stitching, everyone's rr's are coming along wonderfully well. Have a good weekend.

Thoeria said...

Haven't been able to access the group to leave a message, but you and the family are in my thoughts Ms Mouse. Xx

Angela said...

My thoughts are with you right now and I'll keep your Father in my prayers. Lovely stitching.

Elizabeth said...

I am sorry to hear about your dad - my thoughts and prayers are with you. Wow your craft room looks great. I can't wait to see the quilt you make with all the beautiful fabric you have.

Sally said...

So sorry to read about your Dad's diagnosis Mouse. Keeping you all in my thoughts. Hope you are well enough to visit him soon.

Lots of lovely stitching and your craft group is looking fantastic. If you don't have room for everything I may be able to help you lol!!!

KimM said...

I'm so sorry to hear of your dad's diagnosis. Take care of yourself - I know it will be a rough time, but you'll get through it. Love your stitching - the pillow is so sweet.
xxx

Beth said...

Love your display of fabric Michelle. So sorry to hear about your father. Tough times.

Maggee said...

Hello Mouse! So sorry to hear that about your Dad. Praying for him. Isn't it kind of weird that he feels nothing, and thinks all is normal? Your craft room is beginning to take good shape--the fabrics picture is my favorite. so many beautiful colors!

Anne said...

Dearest Mouse, I'm so sorry to hear about your dear dad. I hope that the treatment will go okay for him and that it will shrink the tumor. Prayers and hugs sent from across the pond to you and your family HUGS--your organized fabric is scrumptious :D

Kaisievic said...

Hi Mouse, so sorry that I haven't been by your blog lately but I just do not know where the time goes! Also so sorry to read about your Dad, Dad's of that generation are just darling, aren't they? My Dad is the same, he is slowly going blind but he still considers himself a fortunate man. Love them to bits. I saw from your next post that the treatment is going well, so that is good to hear. Love your new sewing room and isn't it amazing how there just is not enough storage no matter how big the room we have is? Lovely stitching and gorgeous photos as always. Love Kaye