Sunday 16 April 2017

Teeny Tiny Stitches

Helloooo every one from a rather damp mouse house as it is piddling down outside atm ... I can hear it on the garage roof soooo don't think I will be venturing out any time soon ..... I have put the kettle on and I have cookies and chocolate chip muffins tonight seeing as it is a long bank holiday weekend here over this side of the pond and some where there is some chocolate if you hunt for it ....
Well I have been a bit busy on the stitching front ,having finished Honeybee Sampling by LittlehouseNeedleworks, just need to find some charms to put on it before finishing finishing it  , done a wee bit more on the linen and thread sal and started two RR's one for DJ which is a Erica Michaels strawberry with a teeny tiny stitched alphabet in the middle of it ..over one on 36 count eeeekkkk .... but it was lovely to do once I got started on it ... and also I have been building snowmen for Chris on her RR ...
I must admit I had to pop the strawberry into a hoop to stitch on it which is something I don't normally do and I have succumbed into putting the linen and threads SAL onto a frame as it was beginning to hurt my hands and my shoulder stitching on it soooo hopefully this will see more stitching time on it ....
I took a road trip yesterday to Doncaster and met up with Jennifer my "wicked Step mother "  as she calls herself ..lol for some catch up time and some retail therapy as she was staying over for a few days ... I ended up getting some new clothes and was really surprised that I was getting into a smaller size than I have in years ... the diet is defo working ... I have lost 3stone 8.5lbs ... which is pretty good and would like to lose at least another 2 stone on top of this but we shall see how I look nearer that target ..lol ... I am doing Slimming World and loving it :)
Today Master Bentley and I went on a pootle and because I didn't have anything else to come back to apart from lunch at MIL, I took a wee detour to go and see some Donkeys ....I have seen them everyday on the drive back from the morning pootle and today decided I was going to get some photos ... well not only was there donkeys but also a wee pot bellied pig, a large sow and some other ponies and some baby coots... my first of the year ... the donkeys came over and let me fuss them and then the pigs decided they wanted to say hello too ... I didn't fuss them though ...but they were quite happy to pose for a photo
other than that I have been busy busy busy at work and was glad of a few days off to recharge my batteries ...
sooo off to go and make some more brews for you and I will find the photos too :)
Honeybee Sampling by LHN

White Cherry Blossom ... spot Master Bentley

Teeny Tiny Stitches

Do you wanna build a snowman ( LHN ornie be merry )

getting a bit further

gorgeous dainty daffodil

enjoying the sunshine last weekend

pink cherry blossom



Meadow Pipit .. looked this one up

enjoying an ice lolly as it was sooo hot last weekend

cowslips ...

the girls next door out with us for a walk


kestrel I think ....








baby coots







Sooo there you have it folks .. a wee bit more other photos than stitching but I am sure you can forgive me with such lovely subjects .... I forgot to mention that a bird photo I put up the other week was actually a male chaffinch, thanks Sandra .... teach me to double check ...lol ....
ok its time for me to go and get some beauty sleep, so I shall bid you all adieu and shall squeak to you all again soon .... take care one and all and happy stitching :) love mouse xxxxxx

17 comments:

CalamityJr said...

Beautiful photos and stitching. Congratulations on the weight loss; I know it's not easy!

Vickie said...

Congratulations Michelle on your weight loss. I am proud of you! That is hard work. :D Such fantastic pictures you have shared.

deb said...

Lovely, lovely pictures - I can see why you wanted to photograph the donkeys. Your stitching looks great - that teeny tiny alphabet is lovely (great colors, too) as are the other bits, and you're really making progress on that SAL. Congratulations on losing the weight!

butterfly said...

lovely photos I love the black pig.
Great stitching , hope you are having a lovely Easter hugs.

cucki said...

congrats on your weight loss...
beautiful pictures and stitching..sending you love and smiles x

Andrea said...

Great stitching, over 1 on 36ct, I think even I would struggle with that and I love my higher count fabric! Love the photos, especially the donkeys. :)

Cricket-bug Corner said...

There are three symbols on the strawberry that are mixed up. I didn't catch it in time so my strawberry is different than the one on the front. I love donkeys - love your pictures!!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Gorgeous stitching, especially the over one alphabet. I just love over one!
Congratulations on the weight loss too. Quite a few of the Mums at my Toddler Group do Slimming World, it seems to work quite well if you stick to it! And of course, I get to eat all the "sinful" biscuits at coffee time!

Kaisievic said...

Mouse, congrats on your weight loss -that is fantastic! Lots of lovely photos of cross stitch, animals and flowers, thank you so much for sharing.

DJ said...

Look at you! Congratulations on losing weight!! You GO girl!! Love the pictures, you have a gift! Such a pretty area where you walk Bentley. I hope things slow down at work for you soon, you deserve a break! Lovely stitching, and I really like the fabric you are stitching the snowman on. The alphabet looks great!

Meari said...

Great spring photos :) I love seeing other parts of the world.

Nice stitching. I stitched over-one on 40ct once so I empathize with you. Looks great, though.

Barb said...

So many lovely and fun pictures. I love all your stitching projects. I had to get back to blogging, I missed Mr. Bently!!!!

Julie said...

Well done on the weight loss, quite a few at my craft group do Slimming World and wish they had done it before trying lots of other diets.
Lovely stitching, over 1 on 36 ...... WOW that's teeny tiny.
Great snaps from your wanderings, love the meadow pipit, never seen one of them before.
Have a good week. x

Sarah in Stitches said...

Gorgeous pictures! Some really lovely stitching too. Looks like spring has sprung! :D

Astrids dragon said...

I LOVE your Honeybee, it looks fantastic!
Beautiful spring pictures, you have been busy.
Good for you on your weight loss, something I need to do too.

Beth said...

Pigs, cowslips, donkeys, goldfinches - all are wonderful. I have the Bee chart in my stash...someday...

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Well done on the weight loss. It's never that easy, no matter how good the slimming plan.
Love the stitching that you are working (have worked) on.